Se Habla Espanol

Use an Attorney in Los Angeles for Filing Personal Injury Claims

Posted in los angeles personal injury
Posted by

December 10, 2013

Use an Attorney in Los Angeles for Filing Personal Injury Claims

It is important you understand the difference between personal injury and property damage when it relates to your insurance coverage on your vehicle, apartment or home. People sometimes get these two types of insurance coverage confused. Property coverage pays to repair or replace your automobile, home, and possibly the contents, in the event of an accident. Often there is a deductible amount, which is reduced from the total amount your insurance company reimburses. In the event the accident was the fault of another party, you may be able to sue them in small claims court to recover your deductible.

Personal injuries are handled in a slightly different manner from property claims. First, your insurance company determines whether there was another person or party at fault for injuries to your body that required medical treatment. Medical treatment can include both short term and long term care. If there was another party responsible, they will seek reimbursement from their insurance company, first. However, rather than allowing your insurance company to handle personal injury claims, it is better to seek the assistance of an experienced local Los Angeles attorney.

Your Los Angeles personal injury attorney is familiar with the laws and is often able to help you obtain a much higher reimbursement amount than your insurance company. This is due, in part, to the fact insurance companies want you to settle for the least amount possible, even if they know you are entitled to a much larger amount. By using an attorney, not only is it possible to seek the maximum amount for your case, but also to protect your legal rights with your claim.

Kyle Madison is a member of: