July 13, 2023

Panorama City, CA – Vehicle Vs. Pedestrian Crash on Van Nuys Blvd.

Panorama City, CA - Vehicle Vs. Pedestrian Crash on Van Nuys Blvd.

Panorama City, CA (July 13, 2023) – Officials in Panorama City responded to reports of a deadly pedestrian crash on Thursday, July 13th. The accident occurred around 11:25 a.m. at the intersection of Van Nuys Boulevard and Arminta Street.

The Los Angeles Police Department arrived at the scene shortly after the collision happened. When police arrived, they found a pedestrian lying in the roadway suffering from serious injuries. The pedestrian, who was not immediately identified, succumbed to their injuries. There is no word on what led up to the collision. Officials have not said if anyone else was hurt as a result of the crash, and there is no word on whether any charges are expected to be filed.

The road was blocked at the intersection as motorists were urged to find alternate routes of travel. The accident remains under investigation.

No further information has been released at this time.

We would like to offer our most sincere condolences to the victim’s family in the aftermath of this deadly pedestrian crash in Panorama City.

California Pedestrian Accidents

The chances of being seriously injured in a California pedestrian accident are quite high. According to recent numbers, pedestrians have a greater than 80% chance of suffering injuries when they are struck by vehicles. About 10 to 20% of pedestrian accidents will result in very serious injuries or death. In a recent year, California reported more than 900 pedestrian deaths on its roadways. This number accounted for approximately 15% of all fatalities in the United States during that same time period.

The dangers to pedestrians cannot be understated. Individuals who travel by foot on or near the roadway should constantly remain vigilant. They should follow all traffic laws and safety signals and ensure that they are not placing themselves in a high-risk situation. Likewise, drivers must use all possible care and caution and constantly be on the lookout for pedestrians when they are traveling. Utilizing this approach means that many pedestrian crashes can be prevented before they happen.

Still, accidents do occur. When they happen, you need a tough and determined attorney who will fight for your legal rights. Here at Madison Law Group, we can help if you or a loved one have been affected by a pedestrian accident in our state. Our team has many years of dedicated experience helping injured pedestrians and their loved ones following a sudden and unexpected tragedy. We know the difficulties that you are facing, and we are here to help you get through them and to secure your future.

Our firm stands ready to help you at any time. We always provide free consultations and case evaluations for all potential and prospective clients. When you are in need of the best representation, you can count on us. We handle cases on a contingency fee basis, so there is no financial obligation until we obtain a recovery for you. To speak with a Los Angeles pedestrian accident lawyer, please reach out to us using the link on our website or give us a call at (310) 201-7676.